Locking Hubs & Conversion Kits
Find Locking Hubs & Conversion Kits for Your Vehicle & Fitment
Hardcore Locking Hubs
Manual locking hubs provide the selectability between open axles for improved gas mileage, and reduced wear, and locked axles for maximum traction and grip when off-roading or towing.
At RANDYS we carry premium hubs under our Yukon Hardcore Locking Hub product line. These lockout hubs feature an all-steel construction, large locking teeth, low-profile bezel face and a default-to-locked design. All Yukon Hardcore Locking Hubs come backed with a lifetime warranty.
For a selection of Dodge Ram and Jeep models that don’t come standard with locking hubs we offer a premium locking hub conversion kit through our Yukon Spin Free Kit line.
For increased performance on your later model Jeep or 1-ton truck you have two options when it comes to your spindles. You can either replace the standard tapered roller bearing in favor of a unit bearing design or you can upgrade to a Yukon Spin Free Kit, which includes a standard tapered roller bearing design in addition to locking hubs.
Unit Bearing Elimination
While inexpensive there are several disadvantages to unit bearings:
- They are non-serviceable
- High cost of replacing them
- The amount of drag they impose on the drivetrain
Spin Free kits avoid the problems of a Unit Bearing by converting the front end to a standard, tapered roller bearing design in addition to adding locking hubs.
Several advantages are gained by installing a Spin Free kit to a vehicle.
- Significant mileage gains are seen due to the reduced drag of tapered roller bearings.
- Maintenance costs are greatly reduced due to the low cost of tapered roller bearings over a unit bearing.
- Greater strength is obtained due to the 4340 chromoly outer axle stubs and Hardcore Locking Hubs that are included in the kit.
- Wear and tear on all front axle components are reduced with the addition of the locking hubs in addition to giving the driver two wheel drive to four wheel drive selectability.
Select Year, Make, Model Above to Find Exact Parts for Your Vehicle