Locking Hubs & Conversion Kits
Find Wheel Hubs & Locking Hubs for Your Vehicle & Fitment
Hardcore Locking Hubs
Manual locking hubs provide the selectability between open axles for improved gas mileage, and reduced wear, and locked axles for maximum traction and grip when off-roading or towing.
At RANDYS we carry premium hubs under our Yukon Hardcore Locking Hub product line. These lockout hubs feature an all-steel construction, large locking teeth, low-profile bezel face and a default-to-locked design. All Yukon Hardcore Locking Hubs come backed with a lifetime warranty.
For a selection of Dodge Ram and Jeep models that don’t come standard with locking hubs, we offer a premium locking hub conversion kit through our Yukon Spin Free Kit line.
For increased performance on your later model Jeep or 1-ton truck, you have two options when it comes to your spindles. You can either replace the standard tapered roller bearing in favor of a unit bearing design or you can upgrade to a Yukon Spin Free Kit, which includes a standard tapered roller bearing design in addition to locking hubs.
Unit Bearing Elimination
While inexpensive there are several disadvantages to unit bearings:
- They are non-serviceable
- High cost of replacing them
- The amount of drag they impose on the drivetrain
Spin Free kits avoid the problems of a Unit Bearing by converting the front end to a standard, tapered roller bearing design in addition to adding locking hubs.
Several advantages are gained by installing a Spin Free kit to a vehicle.
- Significant mileage gains are seen due to the reduced drag of tapered roller bearings.
- Maintenance costs are greatly reduced due to the low cost of tapered roller bearings over a unit bearing.
- Greater strength is obtained due to the 4340 Chromoly outer axle stubs and Hardcore Locking Hubs that are included in the kit.
- Wear and tear on all front axle components are reduced with the addition of the locking hubs in addition to giving the driver two-wheel drive to four-wheel drive selectability.
Select Year, Make, Model Above to Find Exact Parts for Your Vehicle