USA Standard Gear® announces the availability of the Spartan Helical Limited Slip Differential (LSD) for the Dana 30 front end differential.
The Spartan Helical LSD is now available for order through RANDYS Worldwide, and replaces any Dana 30 front end differential, most commonly found in the popular Jeep brand.
The advantage of the Spartan Helical LSD is that the pre-loaded worm gears funnel more power to the tire with the best traction. This 10-pinion design has a strength advantage over an equivalently sized 6-pinion or 8-pinion unit because it has more points of contact and more surface contact area to deliver optimal load distribution. Built tough, the Spartan Helical LSD is a fully assembled unit featuring a forged 8620 chromoly case and stout 8620 chromoly alloy internals for superior durability.
Compared to other types of limited slip differentials or positraction units, the Spartan Helical LSD provides smoother engagement, quieter operation, and requires no maintenance.
Specifications and features include:
- Fits Dana 30 front differentials
- 27 spline, 3.73-and-up ratio
- Forged 8620 chromoly case, 8620 chromoly alloy internals for superior durability
- Recommended gear oil: Non-synthetic 80W-90 GL-5
- Use of friction modifiers not recommended
- Maintenance free, no worry performance
- Low noise, smooth engagement, linear traction
- 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects
Learn more about limited slip differentials here.